Industrial Proficiency Aptitude Test for Engineers
( CII - iPATE )
Registration, Examination & Certification
CII - iPATE 2.0 (2021)
The CII iPATE 2.0 Examination will be held on Sunday, 31st October 2021.
Category: Graduate Engineer
Last date of Online Registration: September 30, 2021
Admit Card download: October 20, 2021 onwards (date revised)
Computer Based Exam: October 31, 2021 (Sunday)
Certification: November 30, 2021 onwards
Talent pool creation
Scientific & uniform
CII - iPATE : A mega initiative on completion of CII’s 125 years in 2020
A computer based PAN India examination, conducted by CII, as an initiative
- to standardize the Technical Recruitment Process & Protocol for Indian Industry
- to set a benchmark to assess industrial aptitude & proficiency of Engineering Graduates across India.
Why CII - iPATE ?
- India is one of the largest producers of engineers throughout the world
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE) has been a successful benchmark to assess the academic depth of engineering students to explore higher studies
- No authentic benchmark is available to assess industrial aptitude and proficiency of engineering graduates
- Indian industry needs a catchment of high quality, employable engineering graduates having industrial aptitude and proficiency, to recruit
- Hiring technical resources across geographies involves huge time, cost and effort
- Talent from tier II and III cities is not easily accessible by most of the corporates & SMEs
- Industries are not always equipped with proper evaluation team for effective hiring
The Process & Protocol
1. Candidate Registration
2. Learning & Mock Tests
3. Examination & Certification
4. Job Board for Employment
CII - iPATE : A Computer based Exam to assess the industry readiness and screen Engineering graduates across India
Section I : Cognitive Abilities
Section II : Professional Abilities
Health, Safety & Risk Management
Social Responsibility & Ethics
Finance & Accounts
Legal, Contracts & Arbitration
Section III (A) : Technical Abilities
Physics & Chemistry (10+2 level)
Section III (B) : Technical Abilities
Architecture and Planning
Electronics & Communication Engineering
*Allied Engineering Disciplines are also applicable
- B.E. / B. Tech. (3 year course after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)
- B. Arch. (5 year course) / Naval Architecture (4 year course) / Planning (4 year course)
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B. Tech. / B. Arch.) recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE
- M.E. / M.Tech or equivalent
- Ph.D or equivalent and higher
# The final year and pre-final year students may appear for the exam along with fresh graduates.
# Experienced engineers may also appear for the Exam, need to select disciplines as per their education / experiences. There is no bar of experience.
Question Patterns: Multiple Choice or Numerical Type, Total 100 Questions of 1 Mark each, Negative Marking for every wrong answer: 1/2 Mark
Duration: 3 Hours
It’s always a joy to get appreciations on the work we do
CII has been conducting various initiatives in creating platforms for Academia and Industry to interact and closely working with AICTE along with premier academic Institutions to facilitate industry – institute collaborations.
Please get in touch using the form below, we’ll be happy to assist you.
The Mantosh Sondhi Centre
23, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi – 110003, India