Examination for all the Engineering Disciplines will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
The Test will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE Discipline of iPATE examination. If a candidate makes more than one application, he/she will be allowed to appear in any one Discipline ONLY. One of the duplicate/triplicate applications will be considered and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund of application fee.
iPATE will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions as per the Timeline.
Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE.
The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of photographs & signature is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to CII or CALNESTOR offices.
The payment of application fees is through electronic mode.
The Admit Cards would be available only on iPATE website. Candidates can download the soft copy of the Admit Cards. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
The candidates have to appear at the iPATE Examination Centre on the date and time specified in the Admit Card.
No request for any changes in the Centre or Date/Time specified in the Admit Card will be entertained. Similarly, this being an examination body with certain constraints, candidates needing very special or specific facility for the examination may not be entertained. Hence, candidates are requested to adhere to the facilities that are possible within the ambit and resources of iPATE Authority.
Physical calculators, mobile phones and wristwatches are strictly prohibited and candidates possessing these in the examination hall (even if not using) will be disqualified.
Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
In all matters concerning iPATE, the decision of the iPATE Authority will be final and binding on all the applicants.
Although iPATE will be held at different test centres across the country, CII bears the overall responsibility of conducting iPATE. In case of any claims or disputes arising with respect to iPATE, it is hereby made absolutely clear that the Delhi High Court in New Delhi alone will have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle them.
iPATE examination will be for 3 hours duration and consist of total 100 questions for 100 marks. Since the examination is an Computer Based Test, at the end of the stipulated time (3 hours), the online system will automatically close the Exam inhibiting any further action.
Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination.
Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 15 minutes before the start of examination.
Candidates will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall as per timings mentioned in Admit Card.
Candidates will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
Pattern of Questions
Question types shall be Multiple Choice or Numerical type, carrying 1 mark each in all the sections.
These questions are objective and comprehensive in nature, and the candidate has to select (mark) or put the correct answer.
Section-I shall assess the Management skills of the candidate.
Section-II shall assess the Professional skills of the candidate, which emphasizes on basic knowledge.
Section-III shall assess the Engineering skills and acumen of the candidate, which emphasizes on functional and practical aspects of Engineering Subjects.
For a wrong answer, there will be negative marking of 1/2 mark, which will be deducted.
There will be a total of 100 questions carrying 100 marks. the details are as follows:
|Section I : Cognitive Abilities||
|[ 20 Questions carrying 20 Marks ]
|Section II : Professional Abilities||
|[ 20 Questions carrying 20 Marks ]
|Section III (A) : Technical Abilities||
|[ 10 Questions carrying 10 Marks ]
|Section III (B) : Technical Abilities||
|[ 50 Questions carrying 50 Marks ]
Candidates appearing for iPATE Examination, must strictly comply the following Rules and Regulations:
- Candidates appearing for iPATE Examination must carry Admit Card and original AADHAAR Card as identity proof inside the examination hall.
- Scribble pads will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall by the invigilators. The same should be used for all rough work. Candidates should write their name and registration number on the scribble pads. The scribble pads must be returned to the invigilators after the end of the examination.
- Carrying mobile phones (even in the switched-off mode), wristwatches and calculators inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- Carrying of any other electronic devices that can be used for communication or for any other purpose, and printed or hand-written textual materials, inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- All means of communication (verbal or otherwise) among the candidates inside the examination hall are strictly prohibited.
- Candidates should not tamper with the computer and the related hardware provided in the examination hall. Candidates found to have tampered with these willfully, will have their candidature cancelled summarily. In addition, appropriate legal action will be initiated against such candidates.
- The iPATE candidature of candidates found using unfair means and not in line with the code and ethics, may be cancelled. Their examination will not be evaluated, even if they may have been allowed to complete their examination. In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against all such candidates.
Social Distancing measures will be implemented as per Government of India guidelines in current scenario of COVID-19 to ensure health & safety of the candidates without compromising the high standards, sanctity and fairness in conduct of the examination. Candidates will also be required to adhere to guidelines and new process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety & health of their own and fellow candidates.
PREPARATION OF EXAM VENUES
- Standard Operating Procedures for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining required standard of hygiene are getting implemented.
- Before each shift starts (and after last shift of the candidate) Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized – monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc will be disinfected.
- Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry and inside the exam venue at various places for candidates and centre staff to use.
- Rough sheets will be kept at all desks before start of exam by invigilators wearing gloves to ensure hygiene.
- It is ensured that all the processes are touch free to ensure Social Distancing norms.
- Candidate to check Reporting/ Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card and to reach centre as per Reporting time only to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue:
• Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc. Please refer Admit Card for more details)
• A simple transparent Ball Point Pen
• Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
• Personal transparent water bottle
AT THE TIME OF ENTRY
- Candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager / ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- At time of entry, candidates’ body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide them to respective labs after checking the Admit Card. Candidates are required to strictly adhere to instructions provided by centre staff.
- Candidates will be denied permission to appear for examination, if he/ she violates the COVID-19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
AFTER THE EXAMINATION
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
The Admit Card for iPATE examination will be available ONLY on iPATE website.
A candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from the website. The Admit Card would be available for download, as per Timeline. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post/e-mail.
Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original Photo ID Card (NO photocopy/scanned copy), which was specified during the filling up of the online application.
The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the iPATE Admit Card and Photo ID Card are essential for entry into the examination hall.
|CII – East Region||
|CII – North Region||
|CII – North East Region||
|CII – South Region||
|CII – West Region||
- Start online Registration for iPATE examination
- Upload photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes
- Complete the Registration process
- Get access to FREE Online Initial Assessment with Strength-Weakness Analysis, Learning & Up-Skilling environment for iPATE
- Download Admit Card
- Appear iPATE Examination
- Download iPATE scorecard
- Get access to iPATE Job Board
- Create Profile Portfolio
- Get Notifications for matching Job Opportunities
- Apply for the Job to appear GD/PI
Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If someone else (friend or Internet café person) is filling the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error free application.
Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form:
- Personal information (Name, Email, Contact Number, AADHAAR Number, Date of Birth, Communication Address etc.).
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Academic information (Education Qualification, Institution Name and Address, Engineering Discipline, Tentative Exam Center Location etc.)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Before proceeding to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate proceeds, no further changes to the application can be made.
The iPATE registration requires candidate’s photograph and signature are to be uploaded electronically. Uploading photograph and signature that does not meet the specifications, can result in the disqualification of the application without any refund of the application fee.
- Please upload only good quality photograph. The iPATE Admit card & Scorecard will be printed with the photograph that the candidate has submitted.
- The photograph must match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of the examination.
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken in a professional studio within last six months from the date of application. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- The photo studio should provide the image of your photo in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print.
- Maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher). Minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
- Background of the photograph must be white or a light color.
- The face should occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible. The photograph should be without cap/ hat. The person in the photo must be facing the camera.
- If you normally wear spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if the glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles. In addition, you must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses.
- Poor quality of the photograph submitted will lead to rejection of iPATE application, without any refund of the application fee.
- A rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) should be drawn on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box. The size of the signature (Height × Width) should be atleast 70~80% of the box size (preferred).
- The signature by any other person or in any other color (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- Only JPEG/ JPG/ PNG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels.
- The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
All the applications submitted for iPATE examination will be scrutinized for the accuracy of the data, which include uploaded supporting documents, clarity of the photograph and signature.
If everything is found to be in order, the application will be accepted. Otherwise, defects in the application will be marked and intimated to the candidate for rectification, which needs to be carried out within a stipulated time. The status of the application and defects identified in the application will be intimated to the candidates by an e-mail.
Candidates should act quickly in rectifying the defects in the application and definitely before the stipulated deadline. Failing to rectify the defects within the stipulated time can lead to the rejection of the application and no further communication will be entertained in this regard.