Industrial Proficiency Aptitude Test for Engineers
( CII - iPATE )
Registration, Examination & Certification
CII - iPATE 2.0 (2021)
Online Registration date extended
In view of the worsening situation of the pandemic and the resultant impediments, the date of registration for CII – iPATE 2.0 is being extended.
Candidates are advised to register well in time to be able to access the rich resources available for exam preparation.
Category: Graduate Engineer
Online Registration: Open
Online Learning & Mock Tests: Available at FREE
Online Profile & Resume Builder: Available at FREE
Computer Based Exam: August, 2021 (tentative)
Certification: September, 2021 (tentative)
CII - iPATE 1.0 (2020)
The Merit List of iPATE 1.0 (2020) Qualified candidates along with Candidates’ Resume links are being shared with CII member corporates as per their requirement.
Candidates are being shortlisted by Corporate HR based on their iPATE scores, academic records, locations etc. Shortlisted candidates are being communicated from corporate HR in this regard for further due diligence.
Talent pool creation
Scientific & uniform
CII - iPATE : A mega initiative on completion of CII’s 125 years in 2020
A computer based PAN India examination, conducted by CII, as an initiative
- to standardize the Technical Recruitment Process & Protocol for Indian Industry
- to set a benchmark to assess industrial aptitude & proficiency of Engineering Graduates across India.
Why CII - iPATE ?
- India is one of the largest producers of engineers throughout the world
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE) has been a successful benchmark to assess the academic depth of engineering students to explore higher studies
- No authentic benchmark is available to assess industrial aptitude and proficiency of engineering graduates
- Indian industry needs a catchment of high quality, employable engineering graduates having industrial aptitude and proficiency, to recruit
- Hiring technical resources across geographies involves huge time, cost and effort
- Talent from tier II and III cities is not easily accessible by most of the corporates & SMEs
- Industries are not always equipped with proper evaluation team for effective hiring
The Process & Protocol
1. Candidate Registration
2. Learning & Mock Tests
3. Examination & Certification
4. Job Board for Employment
CII - iPATE : A Computer based Exam to assess the industry readiness and screen Engineering graduates across India
Section I : Cognitive Abilities
Section II : Professional Abilities
Health, Safety & Risk Management
Social Responsibility & Ethics
Finance & Accounts
Legal, Contracts & Arbitration
Section III (A) : Technical Abilities
Physics & Chemistry (10+2 level)
Section III (B) : Technical Abilities
Architecture and Planning
Electronics & Communication Engineering
*Allied Engineering Disciplines are also applicable
- B.E. / B. Tech. (3 year course after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)
- B. Arch. (5 year course) / Naval Architecture (4 year course) / Planning (4 year course)
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B. Tech. / B. Arch.) recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE
- M.E. / M.Tech or equivalent
- Ph.D or equivalent and higher
# The final year and pre-final year students may appear for the exam along with fresh graduates.
# Experienced engineers may also appear for the Exam, need to select disciplines as per their education / experiences. There is no bar of experience.
Question Patterns: Multiple Choice or Numerical Type, Total 100 Questions of 1 Mark each, Negative Marking for every wrong answer: 1/2 Mark
Duration: 3 Hours
It’s always a joy to get appreciations on the work we do
CII has been conducting various initiatives in creating platforms for Academia and Industry to interact and closely working with AICTE along with premier academic Institutions to facilitate industry – institute collaborations.
Please get in touch using the form below, we’ll be happy to assist you.
The Mantosh Sondhi Centre
23, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi – 110003, India